Levy Collection – update
Good morning all
Please see the below brief from CITB on Levy collection.
Brief about CITB decision to suspend Levy collection
- CITB’s Board met yesterday (25.3.20) to discuss issues for the construction sector coming out of the Coronavirus / Covid-19 crisis.
- CITB’s board gave final approval to suspend the issue of its levy bills, due for payment in 2020, for an initial period of three months. The bills will subsequently be issued for the full year.
- The reason for this is to provide immediate financial relief to construction employers during the present crisis, given the pressure they are under.
- In normal times CITB assesses and sends out levy bills each April in accordance with legal requirements. CITB levy bills are usually due for payment in May, but CITB will not seek collection on the suspended bills until August, or later if possible.
Comment from Sarah Beale on the decision:
Everyone in construction is facing extreme pressure at the moment and it’s right that we provide financial relief where we can to protect employers and ensure that the industry is as prepared as possible for the economic recovery that will come when the crisis lifts.
CITB is reviewing all of its work to respond to the changing skills needs of industry. We are continuing to re-evaluate our services, funding and grants to adapt them to meet industry’s
changing priority needs.
- All levy bills, raised before 2020, should have been paid by this point. Employers in arrears should contact CITB to discuss payment options.
- We are talking now to the UK Government to influence support for the construction industry, including seeking a financial grant for our work building critical industry skills.
- This information will be shared today with all colleagues, our partner organisations, federations and all of our customers. It will be shared with the construction trade media, and on CITB’s social media channels.
- Any further updates will be shared as soon as they become available.
Partnership Manager (Training Groups)